The Neste Performance Management Process plays an essential role in helping the Group attain its strategic goals and reinforcing its performance-driven mindset. Neste has taken a step change in developing its performance leadership towards a more agile model supporting daily operations.
Performance management comprises of daily leadership, through which individuals, teams, units and the Company can reach selected strategic priorities and develop organizational capability. Performance leadership is used to ensure that everyone knows the values and objectives of the Company, and their short and long-term objectives, and what kind of competence is needed to reach these objectives.
Individual and team objectives are based on Neste strategy and way of working. There is a clear link between well-being at work and good leadership performance.
The key elements in the Neste performance leadership approach are:
- setting challenging objectives and following them through
- supporting the achievement of objectives with up-to-date feedback
- evaluating one’s own performance and results
- developing ways of working and taking responsibility of own competence development
- holding personal development discussions and discussions that support day-to-day work