We collect personal data for managing our customer relationship with you. In the majority of cases, we receive the personal data from you directly, for example when you register for a Neste card or when you buy products or services from us. For customer acquisition purposes, we collect contact information from company websites. We also use data purchased from third parties and data received from partners. In such cases, the third party has confirmed that they are entitled to collect and disclose the data. We use data for:
- To provide you the services or products you have ordered with us. This includes taking your order, delivering your order and processing invoices relating to that order. Where necessary, we also use your personal data for collecting overdue payments from you. All these actions result from the contract we have with you and they are necessary for fulfilling our obligations arising from our customer relationship with you.
- To provide you with important product info in Safety Data Sheets.
- To evaluate your credit worthiness in connection with your order and, where applying for a Neste card, to set your credit limit. This is a contractual requirement: we need to evaluate credit worthiness before we can accept our agreement with you.
- To answer your questions about our services or products or other requests, depending on Neste country location, we record our customer service and credit control telephone, calls, emails and chats. We always tell you in advance about recording. Our legitimate business interest is to improve the quality of our service and we use the recorded data to evidence, maintain and improve our customer service.
- To send you marketing communications, such as surveys and newsletters, and engage in market research which is relevant for maintaining our customer relationship with you – always according to your communication preferences. You always have the right to opt-out from such communication.
- Applicable laws require us to carry out appropriate due diligence for complying with economic sanctions, preventing money laundering and combating terrorist financing and to report suspicious business operations to the applicable authorities.
In order to ensure that we process accurate information about you we use the services of external service providers to supplement the information you have provided to us and keep it up-to-date.
We also collect data about you when you use our services, for example when you pay with your Neste card or Neste Mobile app or when you purchase something at our stations. Use of the Mobile app or websites or any feature of them may require customization of products or services provided through them in order to meet your specific needs or wishes.
Online service users
When you use our web or mobile services and participate in competitions, prize draws or surveys, or subscribe for marketing material, such as our newsletters or press releases, you give your personal information to us. We also collect your information when registering for events or apply for sponsorship applications on our website.
Some of our services are available to registered users only, therefore in order to be able to use them you may be required to set up a Neste-account. We will use personal data about you – with your consent – to enable you to participate in such activities or send you the material that you have requested. Based on your visit to our website, we may also target marketing at you in other online services, such as Facebook.