EU provisions require lower sulfur emissions from ships operating in the Baltic Sea, the North Sea and the English Channel. To help our shipping company customers make the transition to the era of low-sulfur bunker fuels, Neste now offers two low-sulfur bunker fuels (Neste MDO and Neste RMB) with a sulfur content of less than 0.1 percent.
Our ready-to-use fuels are of significantly higher quality and has a higher degree of refining than the heavy fuel oil usually used on ships.
The fuels are available at our production sites in Porvoo and Naantali, and in Neste's Kokkola terminal. Ship-to-ship bunkering is available at the three ports in Helsinki: South Harbor, West Harbor and Vuosaari Harbor. Our Porvoo and Naantali refinery harbours provide ex-pipe delivery, and export cargoes are also available.
We also deliver nowadays to Stockholm, Sweden. Truck deliveries are available on the Swedish Eastcost with focus on the greater Stockholm area.
- Good stability – Less separation needed
- Good compatibility with alternatives – Less operability problems
- Good ignition properties – Better engine durability
- Less fuel heating – Lower operating costs
- Cleaner engine – Less maintenance
- 0,1 w-% sulfur – Longer oil change interval
- Possibility to use cheaper lubricants – Lower operating costs
- Faster bunkering during winter time – Time saved on board
- High energy content – Higher energy content (kg) than in residual fuels