17 January 2017 at 9 am. (EET)
Neste Jacobs has optimized Borealis PE2 plant's distillation section with NAPCON Controller
Technology, engineering and project management company Neste Jacobs was selected to optimize the recovery area of Borealis Borstar PE2 plant in Porvoo, Finland. The PE2 plant's distillation section was optimized with Neste Jacobs' NAPCON Controller solution. The aim of optimization is to reduce energy consumption and production loss and enhance the plant operability.
"We are very proud to have this opportunity to deepen and develop our relationship with Borealis further. Neste Jacobs as an optimization partner is able to provide know-how of process technologies and has optimized performance of the PE2 plant's distillation section with minimum risks", says Jarmo Suominen, CEO of Neste Jacobs.
In this project the NAPCON Controller (real-time process control software) was first built on top of customer's process simulator while the actual plant changes were undergoing. Once the process changes were ready NAPCON Controller was commissioned to the real process. This way the full financial benefits from the process control solution were achieved right after the plant start up.
Neste Jacobs has provided real-time optimization solutions already to multiple plants at Borealis.
Read more about Neste Jacobs' NAPCON Controller solutions at www.napconsuite.com
For more information, please contact:
Jarmo Suominen, CEO, Neste Jacobs Oy, tel. +358 50 458 3399
Neste Jacobs is a preferred solution provider of high-quality technology, engineering and project services for a wide range of industries in the fields of oil and gas, petrochemicals, chemicals, biorefining, biochemicals, biopharma and industrial infrastructure. We have 60 years of experience in technology development and industrial investment projects as well as maintenance and performance improvement in Europe, North and South America, Asia and the Middle East. In addition to our home market Nordic countries we are looking to grow in the global expanding markets. We employ 1300 professionals globally. www.nestejacobs.com
Neste Jacobs' NAPCON offers you a wide range of advanced process automation solutions to enhance your production. The dedicated solutions based on extensive process know-how and modern software engineering fulfil your needs on the areas of Production Optimization, Quality Optimization, Safety, Logistics, Business Optimization, Environment and Big Data. www.napconsuite.com
Borealis is a leading provider of innovative solutions in the fields of polyolefins, base chemicals and fertilizers. With headquarters in Vienna, Austria, Borealis currently employs around 6,500 and operates in over 120 countries. It generated EUR 7.7 billion in sales revenue and a net profit of EUR 988 million in 2015. The International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC) of Abu Dhabi owns 64% of the company, with the remaining 36% belonging to OMV, an international, integrated oil and gas company based in Vienna. Borealis provides services and products to customers around the world in collaboration with Borouge, a joint venture with the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). www.borealisgroup.com