Neste Oil succeeded in boosting its refining margin in the third quarter compared to the same period in 2005, despite the rapid fall in gasoline margins late August and September. The company's comparable operating profit was clearly higher compared to the same quarter in 2005, when the maintenance shutdown at the Porvoo refinery cut volumes significantly.
- Comparable operating profit of EUR 202 million (Q3/05: 121 million)
- Operating profit of EUR 254 million (Q3/05: 137 million)
- Earnings per share of EUR 0.72 (Q3/05: 0.41)
- Cash flow from operations of EUR 248 million (Q3/05: -43 million)
- A strengthened strategic focus on biodiesel and further investments in conversion capacity
- A scheduled maintenance shutdown at the Naantali refinery
A conference call in English for investors and analysts will be held today, 24 October 2006, at 3:00 pm Finland / 1:00 pm London / 8:00 am New York. The call-in numbers are as follows: UK: +44 (0) 20 7162 0025, US: +1 334 323 6201. Use the password: Neste Oil. An instant replay will be available until 31 October 2006 at +44 (0) 20 7031 4064 for the UK and +1 954 334 0342 for the US, using access code 721023.