We collect personal data for managing our customer relationship with you. In the majority of cases, we receive the personal data from you directly, for example when you register for a Neste card or when you buy products or services from us. We use such data for the following purposes:
- To provide you the services or products you have ordered with us. This includes taking your order, delivering your order and processing invoices relating to that order. Where necessary, we also use your personal data for collecting overdue payments from you. All these actions result from the contract we have with you and they are necessary for fulfilling our obligations arising from our customer relationship with you.
- To provide you with important product info in Safety Data Sheets.
- To evaluate your credit worthiness in connection with your order and, where applying for a Neste card, to set your credit limit. This is a contractual requirement: we need to evaluate credit worthiness before we can accept our agreement with you.
- To answer your questions about our services or products or other requests, depending on Neste country location, we record our customer service and credit control telephone, calls, emails and chats. We always tell you in advance about recording. Our legitimate business interest is to improve the quality of our service and we use the recorded data to evidence, maintain and improve our customer service.
- To send you marketing communications, such as surveys and newsletters, and engage in market research which is relevant for maintaining our customer relationship with you – always according to your communication preferences. You always have the right to opt-out from such communication.
- Applicable laws require us to carry out appropriate due diligence for complying with economic sanctions, preventing money laundering and combating terrorist financing and to report suspicious business operations to the applicable authorities.
In order to ensure that we process accurate information about you we use the services of external service providers to supplement the information you have provided to us and keep it up-to-date.
We also collect data about you when you use our services, for example when you pay with your Neste card or Neste mobile app or when you purchase something at our stations. We use such data for our legitimate business interest in improving your customer experience with us and for developing our services and products to meet our customer’s interests and needs. In particular we use data for the following purposes:
- For improving our understanding of our customer usage trends. This enables us to provide you with discounts and other marketing material we believe you may be interested in, always subject to your communication preferences.
- To implement, maintain and develop our existing and future services and products. We do this by analyzing our customers’ use of our services and products and performing statistics on the data. This brings added value to both of us: you can order improved services and products from us and we can continue to fulfil our customers’ developing wishes and needs.
Online service users
When you use our web or mobile services and participate in competitions, prize draws or surveys, contact us through our website or subscribe for reports, marketing material, such as our newsletters or press releases, you give your personal information to us. We collect your information when registering for events or applying for sponsorship applications on our website. We also collect information about the use of our website through cookies and various similar technologies. More information about the cookies we use can be found here.
Some of our services are available to registered users only, therefore in order to be able to use them you may be required to set up a Neste-account.
We will use personal data about you
- To process and follow up a request or any other contact request we receive from you. We share your personal data also to our delivery provider to enable effortless and efficient communication between our customer and delivery provider - as our customer this is for your best interest. Processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to provide you with our products and services, to improve customer experience.
- To enable you to participate in such activities or send you the material that you have requested. Processing of personal data is based on a contract or our legitimate interest to provide you with our products and services.
- To send you marketing communication according to your preferences as closely as possible. You always have the right to opt-out from such communication. More information about targeted marketing.
- To target marketing at you in other online services, such as Facebook.