Involvement in organizations and joint projects
- ABFA (Advanced Biofuels Association), focused on helping America transform to a low carbon economy. Representing biofuel producers at ICAO FTG (Fuels Task Group), where CORSIA sustainability rules are developed.
- AFM+E, Foreign Trade Association for Petroleum and Energy in Germany
- ASFE (Alliance for Synthetic Fuels in Europe)
- ASTM International (former American Society for Testing and Materials)
- BBE (Bundesverband Bioenergie e.V.), an umbrella organization of the bioenergy in Germany
- Bioenergy Association of Finland, represents the interests of the bioenergy sector in Finland
- Neste's representative is a Member of the Board
- Canadian Renewable Fuels Association (CRFA), an organization promoting the use of renewable fuels in traffic
- Cefic, the European Chemical Industry Council, is a not-for-profit making organisation which represents chemical companies across Europe.
- Chemical Industry Federation of Finland
- Neste's representative is a Member the Board
- Cleantech Finland
- CLEEN (Cluster for Energy and Environment)
- CLIB (Cluster Industrielle Biotechnologie, i.e.Cluster for Biotechnology), a German network providing a platform for science and business to collaborate
- European Biodiesel Board (EBB)
- European Bioplastics (EUBP)
- Neste representative is the Vice Chairperson of the Board
- European Committee of Standardization (CEN)
- European Energy Forum (EEF), an organization promoting open discussion and development in the energy industry
- FuelsEurope (previously "Europia" or European Petroleum Industry Association), represent the interests of companies conducting refinery operations in the EU
- Also consists of Concawe, the oil companies' European association for environment, health, and safety in oil refining
- Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF), an organization promoting safety of marine transportation and environmental responsibility
- REA (Renewable Energy Association), represents British renewable energy producers and promotes the use of renewable energy in the UK
- Svenska Petroleum och Biodrivmedel Institutet (SPBI) (Neste Ab)
- UNITI, German association of medium sized oil companies active in fuels, heating oil and lubricants
- VCI (Verband der Chemischen Industrie), German Chemical Industry Association
- World Energy Council Finland, World Energy Council's (WEC) member organization in Finland
- Neste representative is the Vice Chair of the Board
Sustainable production and use of raw materials
- International Sustainability and Carbon Certification (ISCC), widely used renewable fuel standard organization
- Roundtable on Sustainable Biomaterials (RSB), an organization promoting sustainable use of biomass and biomaterials
- Neste representative is the Chair of the Board of Directors
- Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO), an international organization and certification system promoting palm oil's sustainable production and use
- Round Table on Responsible Soy (RTRS), an organization promoting responsible soy production
In addition to being involved with various organizations, Neste also participates in a number of joint initiatives every year.
- aireg, an aviation initiative for renewable energy in Germany (aireg e.V.)
- Bioport Holland, an initiative in the Netherlands aimed at promoting the use of sustainably produced biofuel in aviation (not active)
- CAAFI (Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative)
- European Advanced Biofuels Flightpath, aimed at increasing the use of aviation biofuel to 2 million t/a by 2020
- ITAKA (Initiative Towards Sustainable Kerosene for Aviation), aimed at promoting the commercialization and use of renewable aviation fuel in Europe
- Neste is one of the sponsors in a joint initiative "Turvallisuuden tekijät" developing systematic ways of improving people safety in companies
- Neste is involved in EU's Oil Spill Project, which focuses on enhancing oil spill response capability in the Baltic Sea Region in 2019–2021. Read for more information.
Sustainability and environmental initiatives
- CLC (Climate Leadership Coalition), the purpose is to improve the Finnish businesses' and research organizations' competitiveness and ability to respond to climate change and the scarcity of natural resources
- Climate Partners, a cooperative network between the City of Helsinki and businesses
- Consumer Goods Forum (CGF)
- Neste is a member of the CGF's Human Rights Coalition and the Forest Positive Coalition.
- European Alliance for a Green Recovery; an alliance of cross-party political decision-makers, businesses, NGOs and other stakeholders placing the fight against climate change at the core of the economic strategy in contributing to the quick recovery of the economies and the societies in Europe after Covid-19 pandemic
- European Plastics Pact, an initiative and a platform for countries, companies and other organizations from the entire plastics value chain in Europe to collaborate and accelerate the systemic shift to a circular plastics economy in Europe.
- FIBS, Finland's leading corporate responsibility network, also a membership in FIBS' Diversity Charter Finland
- Helsinki Metropolitan Smart & Clean Foundation, collaboration aims at making the metropolitan area a global reference area for intelligent and ecologically sustainable solutions
- A Neste representative as Member of the Board
- City of Helsinki climate partner
- John Nurminen Foundation, founded in 1992, aims to save the Baltic Sea and its heritage to future generations. The goal of the Foundation’s environmental projects is to improve the condition of the Baltic Sea with concrete measures that reduce the load and environmental risks faced by the sea. Neste is one of the key partners.
- Nordic Business Network on Human Rights, facilitated by the Danish Institute of Human Rights (DIHR)
- RCI (Renewable Carbon Initiative)
- Neste representative as member of the core advisory board
- Responsible Care, a voluntary initiative by the global chemical industry aimed at supporting sustainable development in the industry
- Sustainable Landscape
- Collaborative project involving several global brands (e.g. Unilever, Pepsico, Cargill, Danone, L'Oréal and Neste) and palm oil companies Golden Agri (GAR) and Musim Mas, as well as non-governmental agencies aiming for a large-scale transformative sustainability impact regionally in the Siak and Pelalawan regions in Indonesia. Focusing on sustainability improvements in the production of multiple commodities.
- Sustainable Use of Natural Resources Advisory Board at Technical Research Centre of Finland (VTT)
- Neste representative a member of the Advisory Board
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- United Nations Global Compact
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD)